This boutique Spa secluded in its own private garden opposite the hotel, welcomes resident guests, Spa Club members and non-resident guests for spa treatments and Spa Day experiences.
Built behind the facade of two listed Edwardian cottages, Middlethorpe Spa has three spa treatments rooms on the first floor offering a variety of health and beauty treatments, and a small Club Room on the ground floor serving drinks and light refreshments.
There is a large indoor swimming pool with views onto the enclosed garden, a Spa bath, steam room and sauna.
In the garden outside, in a restored Victorian summer-house is the gymnasium with a programmable bicycle, rowing machine, cross-trainer and treadmill. A Personal Trainer is on hand to advise on their use and to draw up a programme tailored to your fitness levels and goals.
Spa Club Room
The Spa Club Room offers a selection of freshly brewed teas, coffees and other beverages, light refreshments and snacks served throughout the day or as part of our Spa Day packages. Guests can enjoy a chance to read newspapers and magazines and to socialise with other spa members and guests.
On warmer days, there is an enclosed private garden where refreshments can be served while guests sunbathe.
Monday to Friday 7.30am - 8pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 8am - 7pm
Restricted opening hours on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Hotel Residential Guests
Residential guests have full use of the indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa bath, steam room sauna, gymnasium and Club Room. The gym and pool close 30mins before the Club closing time. Hotel guests may bring up to two guests at an additional charge per guest per visit.
Children of hotel residents (aged 6 -16 years) may use the Spa between the hours of 10am-11am and 4pm-5pm daily when accompanied by an adult.
Members' children between the ages of 6 and 16 years may use the Spa on Sundays between the hours of 12noon-5pm, when accompanied by an adult.
We respectfully remind you that a reservation constitutes a contract between yourself and Middlethorpe Spa and a 50% charge will be incurred for any treatment cancelled less than 24 hours prior to appointment (3 days for Half Day, Full Day and Lifestyle Day bookings).
Spa Reception 01904 661317
Main Hotel 01904 641241
So that all guests are not inconvenienced, please attend punctually for treatments. If you arrive late, you will still be charged at tariff rates and may receive a shorter treatment. If later that 30 minutes (15 minutes for 30 minute treatments), you will probably not be able to receive the treatment booked.
- Appointment times include 5-10 minutes for consultation and changing;
- Male clients are requested to wear under garments whilst having treatments;
- If you are taking medication, have recently had an operation or illness or have a medical condition, it is advisable you consult your doctor before booking treatments;
- Please advise in advance if you suffer from any allergies or from skin sensitivity, dermatitis, contact eczema or psoriasis;
- If you suffer from verrucas or fungal infections, in the interest of hygiene we do not recommend pedicures or reflexology;
- Any personal information given is held in the strictest of confidence;
- It is advisable to book treatments in advance to avoid disappointment;
- Treatments are available to persons over the age of 16 years.