To help us prepare our award winning gardens to open to the public as a National Trust destination
If you love gardens as much as we do then you'll know they need a lot of care and attention. Volunteer gardeners do practical work to help keep Middlethorpe in peak condition and looking eye catching.
By getting involved, you could:
- Keep fit and healthy
- Get your hands dirty and enjoy the great outdoor
- Use your gardening know-how, and learn more
- Be part of a varied and enthusiastic team and make new friends
- Really enjoy a cup of tea - it tastes better after all that fresh air!
- Helping the garden team with everyday practical tasks to keep the garden looking its best
- Looking after garden machinery and equipment
- Being a friendly face for visitors and answering any questions
- Helping with projects like new planting or clearing overgrown areas
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible - this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
- There might occasional be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
This role will suit you if you are:
- Keen to work in a team
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Interested in gardening and have a bit of experience
- Reasonably fit - you'll be on your feet, bending and stretching during the day
- Available at least once a fortnight