National Trust Properties
Yorkshire is famed for its acres of green fields, drystone walls and moorland heaths, and is a haven for walkers and a home to wildlife. It is also home to many properties in the care of National Trust, offering plenty of choice for visitors to spend days discovering some of Britain's glorious heritage, from abbey ruins to elegant classic mansions, wild wooded landscapes to beautiful manicured gardens - there is something here for everyone!
Individual National Trust properties that may interest you and that are not too far away can be found via these links:
- Goddards House and Garden - An intimate Arts and Crafts style house complete with garden rooms. Former home of the Terry family (think chocolate orange) capture the atmospher of a lived in home where you can sit down and pour yourself a sherry in the Drawing Room or relax with a G&T on the sunny terrace. 2.5 miles from Middlethorpe.
- Treasurer's House - Located next door to York Minster, Treasurer's House is a lavishly decorated town house, revealing wealthy industrialist Frank Green's passion for furniture and interior design and housing his eclectic collection. 3.2 miles from Middlethorpe.
- Beningbrough Hall, Gallery and Gardens - The impressive rooms in this 18th Century Italian palace are the perfect backdrop for the rich collection of portraits on loan from the National Portrait Gallery. Wander through the Victorian walled garden, and strol amongst luxurious mixed borders in the 8 acres of formal garden. 10.2 miles from Middlethorpe.
Other National Turst places around Yorkshire:
- Nunnington Hall - 27 miles
- Brimham Rocks - 32 miles
- Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden - 33 miles
- Rievaulx Terrace & Temples - 33 miles
- Nostell Priory and Parkland - 33 miles