COVID-19 - Measures for the Safe Return of Spa Guests
We have followed the government COVID-19 guidelines and met the high standards required to be accredited the industry mark from the AA and Visit Britain.
We have taken the best advice to ensure everything is in place for a visit that will be as safe as it will be comfortable and enjoyable.
The measures apply to guests and everybody working at the hotel.
As per government guidelines and to facilitate your next visit to Middlethorpe Hall & Spa/Middlethorpe Spa, may we suggest that you download the NHS Covid-19 application on your mobile phone, ahead of your arrival.
All information and links can be found on https://www.covid19.nhs.uk
Guests from different households/support bubbles may not share a meal or accommodation.
You will be required to ‘check-in’ using this option when you enter the Hall/the Spa.
The spa and hotel management, responsible for Covid-19 measures will be pleased to discuss them with you.
Spa Members and Guests
- Spa members may use the Spa at any time by appointment, on a one in one out basis and by appointment for a visit of 1-hour duration.
- We are unable to accommodate a visit without a confirmed appointment, including members.
- Please complete and return a health questionnaire the day before your visit, and if there are changes in your circumstances or travel.
- There will be a necessary temperature check on your arrival and on each subsequent visit.
- Face coverings are mandatory for guests in hallways and public areas of the hotel and Spa.
- No handshakes!
- Hand sanitiser is available for guests use at strategic points.
- Please respect social distancing and any one-way systems in the Spa.
- Please return locker keys to the key box at Spa Reception.
- Special cleaning and sanitisation of public areas and touch surfaces will take place.
- Your account will be presented electronically and we are unable to accept cash.
- We recommend that you bring your own water bottle.
Spa Services, Changing Rooms and Treatments
- The Sauna and Steam Room remain closed until further notice.
- The Spa bath will be in operation, allowing one person in the spa bath at one time, or two people from the same household, with 15-minute sessions.
- Hairdryers are not available for the time being.
- The Gymnasium will be booked by appointment, allowing one person only, or more from a single household, to use for maximum 1 hour.
- We request that you come changed to use the Spa and only use the changing rooms, their showers and facilities if necessary. Changing rooms are available for Spa members only. Day guests are requested to change in the treatment room.
- Please respect social distancing at the Spa Reception, in the changing rooms, poolside and on the sun terrace.
- Treatments will recommence from 12th April. Non-member appointments will recommence and do not include use of the Spa.
- A reduced treatment offering will be available, and a list will be displayed on the Spa treatment page of our website.
- We repeat that the health and safety of all our guests is our main concern.
- We require the health questionnaire on your first day back in advance of arrival/treatment.
- Please do not visit the Spa/Hotel even if you have a booking, if you feel in any way unwell.
- If taken ill at the Spa, spa guests should depart, self-isolate and contact hotel management. If necessary to return home, any balance of your reservation will be refunded.
- Please wash hands and sanitise regularly. Hand-washing by guest and therapist will be a part of any reserved treatment.
The spa and hotel management, responsible for Covid-19 measures will be pleased to discuss them with you.The Spa
Our Staff, Contractors and Suppliers are committed to guest safety, and:
- Will not attend if not well.
- Will wash hands frequently.
- Will sanitise hands frequently.
- Will use PPE as directed. Therapists will wear visors in all treatments.
- Will practise social distancing.
- Will attend site only when expected in advance.
- Will complete a questionnaire pre-arrival on request, and undertake any health check requested.
- Suppliers will not enter building unless agreed.
- Suppliers will not use lavatories on the premises.