COVID-19 - Measures for the Safe Return of Spa Guests
We have followed the government COVID-19 guidelines and met the high standards required to be accredited the industry mark from the AA and Visit Britain.
We have taken the best advice to ensure everything is in place for a visit that will be as safe as it will be comfortable and enjoyable.
The measures apply to guests and everybody working at the Spa.
As per government guidelines and to facilitate your next visit to Middlethorpe Hall & Spa/Middlethorpe Spa, may we suggest that you download the NHS Covid-19 application on your mobile phone, ahead of your arrival.
All information and links can be found on https://www.covid19.nhs.uk
Guests from different households/support bubbles may not share a meal or accommodation.
You will be required to ‘check-in’ using this option when you enter the Hall/the Spa.
The spa and hotel management, responsible for Covid-19 measures will be pleased to discuss them with you.
Spa Members and Guests
- A temperature check is available upon your arrival.
- Face masks are to be worn in the Spa reception. Due to close contact, we require guests to wear face coverings during spa treatments.
- No handshakes, please!
- Hand sanitiser is available for use at strategic points.
- Please respect social distancing in the Spa.
- Special cleaning and sanitisation of public areas and touch surfaces will take place by staff.
- Your account will be presented electronically and card payments are preferred.
Spa Services, Changing Rooms and Treatments
- The Sauna and Steam Room will be in operation allowing one person at a time, or guests from the same household.
- The Spa bath will be in operation, allowing one person in the spa bath at one time, or guests from the same household, with 15-minute sessions.
- The Gymnasium will be booked by appointment, allowing one person only, or guests from the same household, to use it for maximum 1 hour.
- Please respect social distancing at the Spa Reception, in the changing rooms, and poolside.
- Children aged 8+ years may use the swimming pool at specified times: Hotel guests' children every day from 10am to 11am and from 4pm to 5pm; Spa members' children on Sundays from 12pm to 5pm.
Spa Visitor Health
- The health and safety of all our visitors are our main concern.
- Please do not visit the Spa/hotel, even if you have a booking, if you feel in any way unwell.
- If taken ill at the Spa, spa visitors should depart, hotel guests return to their room, self-isolate and contact hotel management. If it is necessary for guests to return home, any balance of your reservation will be refunded.
- Please wash hands and sanitise regularly. Hand-washing by guest and therapist will be a part of every treatment.
- Please wear a face covering in the Spa and during any treatment.
Our Staff, Contractors and Suppliers are committed to guest safety, and:
- Staff will wear face masks in the treatment rooms.
- Will not attend if not well.
- Will wash hands frequently.
- Will sanitise hands frequently.
- Will use PPE as directed.
- Will practise social distancing.
- Will attend site only when expected in advance.
- Will complete a health questionnaire on request, undertake any requested health check, and will regularly take Covid-19 lateral flow tests.
- Suppliers will not enter building unless agreed.
- Suppliers will not use lavatories on the premises.